Monday, February 4, 2013

Mind Blowing Art

I feel a bit stifled.  It's hard coming up with an angle to attack topics like Synesthesia in art or Cymatics.  Two very difficult topics that until this past week I had never even heard of.  With that illustrious and uninformative introduction here are my reactions as thus:

Cymatics.  Holy sh*t.  The fact that something like this exists blows my mind.  Its sound creating an object!  I found another couple of videos linking Cymatics and I thought I'd share them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtiSCBXbHAg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob7aXIoySvo

Cymatics is a huge jump for the sensual arts.  Not sensual as in "Oooo.  Look at that girl.  She's so sensual."  I mean a tantalizing look at the world around us and how beautiful it's becoming through advancing technologies.  Many artists are afraid of technological changes and to that I say OPEN YOUR EYES.  If people could see what technology is doing for the arts it'd blow their minds.

In terms of synesthesia as arts these two go hand in hand, because two senses are combining for a singular reaction in cymatics.  Using sound to create a visual image is what cymatics is about.  Crazy stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment